Home..........About..........Online Shop..........Etsy Shop..........Folksy Shop..........Newsletter....

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Etsy Mini Part 4 - How to make a Featured Artist Etsy Mini

This is Part 4 of my tutorials on using the Etsy Mini Widget, here I will show you how to tweak the Etsy Mini HTML code so you can feature other artists.

For more information on using your Etsy Mini:
Part 1 - What is an Etsy Mini? How to build an Etsy Mini
Part 2 - How to post an Etsy Mini on your blog
Part 3 - How to post an Etsy Mini on your Facebook Page

It is possible to make an Etsy mini from another store, for example if you wanted to have an “artist of the week” Etsy mini on your blog. The trick is to make an Etsy mini for your own store, in the dimensions and size that you want your featured artist to have on your blog. Then you need to find their user_id and replace yours for theirs.

Here's an example. Let´s say I wanted to make an Etsy mini from this great store I found recently called reclaim2fame.etsy.com. First I would build an Etsy Mini for my own store, making it the size and dimensions I want to show reclaim2fame´s listings in.

This is the code I get for that:

I copy and paste that code into a word document so I can edit it a bit later.

Now, I want to turn it into an Etsy mini for reclaim2fame´s store. All I need to do it look at his Etsy shop Policies page. The url will look something like http://www.etsy.com/shop_...user_id=5932649. The bit I need is his user id 5932649.

So I take the Etsy mini code for my store, and I replace my own Etsy id with his like this:

Code for my storeBecomes Code for reclaim2fame´s Etsy Mini

By using this technique you can create an Etsy mini for any store you like, without needing to convo the seller to ask them to build one for you.

For more information on using your Etsy Mini:
Part 1 - What is an Etsy Mini? How to build an Etsy Mini
Part 2 - How to post an Etsy Mini on your blog
Part 3 - How to post an Etsy Mini on your Facebook Page

9 comments:

  1. GREAT tutorials! really helpful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. not only do you have the cutest mice in the world, your blog is an amazing resource too! thank you so much for sharing such great tips with other etsy-ers :) it's really generous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You´re welcome youngmi. I am glad to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this tutorial. I've been wondering how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! I just realised I was the featured artist of the week

    teee-heee!
    :D
    (what a shock to see my minis on your site lool!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo, thanks for sharing - I hadn't had time to figure it out for myself! You are great at showing tutorials. I never think of tutorials because I think, 'gosh, everybody must know this. i have to find something new and innovative to tutor....'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used this in Collaborators, Anna. I explained elsewhereabout your fab blog and to click Project wonderful ads.
    I said this:

    First, read up here (link to this post) about using the Etsy Mini for a featureed artist.
    There are three other posts about the Etsy Mini if you don't know about it. You will find links at the end of Anna's post on her blog.

    Second, Gayle needs more sales. So, one of my ideas was to feature her in an Etsy mini on a blog or maybe on multiple blogs. To find Gayle and her shop, go to Member at the top of this page, and she is on the 2nd page.

    I bet Gayle is not the only one who wants more sales!

    If YOU are willing to put up an Etsy mini in your blog, please say so here.

    Anyone who wants to be promoted in this way, please say so here.

    Let's get to it, ok?

    I will make an Etsy mini tomorrow for Gayle and pop it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks heaps for this - really clear, jargon-free instructions. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for the article, this tutorial was extremely useful for me to learn how to make a featured artist etsy mini. Kudos

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts