Home..........About..........Online Shop..........Etsy Shop..........Folksy Shop..........Newsletter....

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Refurbishing my studio - Part 1


Yesterday we started work on refurbishing my studio. I am so excited about having a nice clean, fresh and tidy space to work in. I took a "before" shot for you, but my camera ate it (it must have been hungry) so you will have to imagine from the photo above what my studio used to look like: Peeling wallpaper with a horrific bumpy pattern, badly DIY'ed laminate flooring and old tired shelves that I had put up myself.

Yesterday our builder Dave came to start work stripping the wallpaper, clearing the room and priming the walls for plastering. He makes it look so easy!

Today he is plastering and the room will start to take shape.


The orange paint is the primer for the walls, it helps the plaster stick to it properly.

In this part of Holland they build so fast that everything is made from huge walls of solid concrete, with all the wires and pipes visible. Most Dutch people don't seem to mind seeing the wires, but because I am British they drive me crazy. I will be so happy when they are hidden away behind plaster.


I'll be back with more photos soon!

16 comments:

  1. How exciting! I can't wait to see what you are going to do!
    ~Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with the construction. i'm sure it will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so fabulous to have someone do it for you! It will be a great creating space :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with the rennovations .. i'm sure it will be wonderful to look at and work in once it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the refurbishing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks interesting. Things look worse before they look better with all decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so exciting! can't wait to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool to see how things in other countries are built. I am fascinated! keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking Great, Can't wait to see the finished room. The wires would of made me crazy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like alot of work is ahead of you but I'm sure the results will be very rewarding :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I know you'll love it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! I need to clean mine but I'd love to redecorate and make it more functional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be an incredible space--I can tell already, so clean and new!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm doing mine too, we moved into a country farmhouse, but I have to keep the carpets and the walls.... well I can't be bothered really! At least there will be a place for everything and I have more room! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts